Everything You Wanted to Know About Computer
Networks - But Were Afraid To Ask
- NetBook is an on-line reference that allows the professional
to learn about all aspects of computer networks at a time
convenient to them and at their own pace. NetBook features
attractive graphs, pictures, color and animation to depict
the many aspects of computer networking. Used in conjunction
with the other members of the NetGuru family, it provides
a comprehensive background to any questions regarding networks
as they are solving day-to-day network problems.
- NetBook makes Time to Learn As a busy computer professional
with huge demands on your time, it is almost impossible to
devote the time you need to learn more about computer networking.
An expensive 3 to 5 day seminar on networking and communications
is just out of the question. And finding answers to specific
questions in a hard copy book about networks is like trying
to look up a word you do not know how to spell in the dictionary.
Or, you are one of those computer professionals "who always
wanted to learn more about computer networking, but were afraid
to ask", you have a friend in NetBook. If you know how to
use a VCR with forward and rewind buttons, you will be able
to use NetBook immediately.
- Our 24 Hour Instructor NetBook is available when you need
it. NetBook's attractive graphics, animation, hypertext search
capability, and highly intuitive interface, provide you with
instant answers to any questions you may have about networking.
Whether you are just beginning to learn about networks, or
are solving a network design or simulation problem with NetGuru
Manager or NetGuru Simulator, the answers are available immediately
in an easy-to-use, easy-to-find, and easy-to-read format.
- Detailed Contents NetBook's topics include chapters on Data
Communications, Networking Standards and De Facto Standards,
Network Operating Systems, Inter Networking, Networking Management
Tools, and Network Design Rules. Whether you would just like
to browse through the IEEE Standards, or have a specific question
on Time Division Switching, NetBook provides the level of
detail you need in a format that is easy to access.
- Adapts to Your Learning Style Some people learn best by
going from page to page. Others like to jump from topic to
topic or view selected words in all of their contexts. Some
people like to learn by viewing animated pictures associated
with text, while others like to read for awhile then review
topics that they have read. No matter what your learning style,
NetBook adapts to you.
Features and Capabilities
- Intuitive Windows based interface
- VCR type "Buttons" to turn pages or jump directly to topics
- Pictorial representations and animation
- Search capability allows you to find topics of interest
- "Hotwords" allow access to any topics that are relevant
- Allows words to be viewed in multiple contexts.
- History of topics covered in session is stored for immediate
- Integrated to NetGuru Manager and NetGuru Simulator
- IBM or compatible computers with 4MB RAM
- 4MB available on hard disk
- Microsoft Windows, Version 3.X
- Mouse and Color Monitor preferred